I know. We’re all excited about Ohana reopening but not so excited about the menu changes. No more noodles leads to a lot of unhappy Ohana!
I did a quick search and found this recipe from Key Ingredient that is based on the recipe from an Ohana chef, so it’s as accurate as it can get. Let’s get started!
- Pineapple Glaze
- 2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/4 Tablespoon Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 2 1/4 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 4 Tablespoons Pineapple Juice, frozen concentrate
- Yakisoba Noodles
- Shredded Red & Green Cabbage
- Shredded Bok Choy
Dissolve all ingredients, except cornstarch and pineapple juice, in sauce pot.
Bring to a boil.
Make a slurry with the cornstarch and pineapple juice, and slowly add to boiling mixture to thicken.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain through fine mesh strainer.
Saute shredded red and green cabbage and bok choy in wok.
Add Yakisoba noodles and Pineapple glaze and toss.
And there you have it folks! Now you can have your very own noodles at home! Nanea!