If you had planned a trip to Walt Disney World for the Flower & Garden Festival, I’m sure one thing you were looking forward to is the food! Since the parks closed, I thought it would be fun to share some of the recipes so you can recreate them at home!
One of the most popular and photographed items is Frushi. Think sushi, but with fruit. It’s quick, easy, and delicious! I found this on Recipes of Disney, a site full of fun Disney food!
prep time: 15 MINUTES cook time:5 MINUTES total time: 20 MINUTES
Frushi is served at the Walt Disney World Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot! This fruit inspired sushi is a popular dish to get!!
- 2 cups sushi rice, cooked per package directions
- 1 tablespoon cream of coconut
- 16 soy wrappers
- 16 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cantaloupe, cut into four-inch-long by 1/4-inch-wide rectangles
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cored cut into four-inch-long by 1/4-inch-wide rectangles
- toasted coconut, for garnish
- raspberry puree, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Cook the sushi rice. Let sushi rice cool slightly; stir in cream of coconut. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Lay one soy wrapper on a flat surface. Place about 1/4 cup sushi rice on the soy wrapper, pressing with moistened fingers to cover the whole sheet.
- Place one piece each of pineapple and cantaloupe, and four pieces of strawberry in the center of the rice-covered sheet.
- Starting at one end, fold about 1/3 of the roll up, then roll the sheet into a cylinder, keeping the fruit in the middle. Moisten soy wrapper to seal.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces
- Garnish with raspberry puree, coconut, and whipped cream!