Looking for a last minute gift idea? Give the gift of cookies! Who doesn’t love a cookie? Disney Family has a great way to take all of the hard work out of your gift-giving. Check it out!
Here’s a sweet way to gift the joy of baking to a friend or teacher who also happens to love all things Disney. Prep the dry ingredients for the perfect holiday cookie, include a recipe, and add a little Mickey magic on top! Happy holidays!
What You’ll Need:
Black construction paper or cardstock
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 packed light brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
To Assemble the Mickey Mason Jar Cookie Kit:
- Measure out the above ingredients or the ingredients to a cookie recipe of your choosing. Layer the dry cookie mix ingredients inside a mason jar.
- Cut a small pair of Mickey ears out of black construction paper or cardstock. Leave an inch of paper below the ears. Fold and attach to the top of the Mason jar with double-sided tape.
- Tie a red bow around the Mason jar.
- Cut a recipe card sized sheet of paper, write out the cookie recipe corresponding to the ingredients in the jar and attach to the mason jar with twine.
Baking Instructions to Include with your Gift:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, cream together ½ cup butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs and ¾ tsp vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat flour into your butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Chill your mixture in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Drop rolled teaspoonfuls of your mixture onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack, and then cool completely.