I love adding a little Disney magic to my tree every year. I Have my favorite Disney ornaments, but sometimes I’m not able to get to the parks to pick up the latest and greatest ornaments. Here’s a great way from Disney Family for you to create your own mouse ornament at home! Plus it’s a little cheaper than the ornaments at Disney.
Time: 35 Minutes
What You’ll Need
- Black stiff felt
- Red and green felt
- Tacky glue
- Small stiff paintbrush
- Thin ribbon (red and green)
- 2 small white buttons
- Stick-on faux pearls
How To Make It
- Print the template and use the pieces as patterns for cutting out the shapes in the specified colors. You can print the template here.
- For each of the ornaments, brush glue on one of the two black felt mouse heads. Then create a hanger by folding an 8-inch length of ribbon (red for Mickey, green for Minnie) in half, and stick the ends to the glued surface, as shown. Stick the second mouse head atop the first, sandwiching the ribbon between them and matching up all the edges.
- Glue the red semicircle on the Mickey ornament and the green semicircle on the Minnie ornament.
- Glue a pair of white buttons on the red felt and stick faux pearl polka dots on the green felt. Tie another length of green ribbon into a tiny bow and glue it to the top of the Minnie ornament.
Cutting should be done by an adult.