If I’m not at Walt Disney World, I’m missing Walt Disney World. One way I bring some of the magic home is by recreating the awesome dishes I ate while I was there. This year, we were lucky enough to go during Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival, and the food didn’t disappoint! My goal is to make each one that we tried so you can enjoy a taste of Disney at home! I’m going to call this new segment A Taste of Disney!
First up is a dish I thoroughly enjoyed, albeit unexpectedly, while we were there. If you’ve read any of my previous post, you’d know that my parents are vegan. When I saw the Earth Eats booth hosted by Impossible™ Foods, I had to give it a try, and like I said, I was pleasantly surprised. I had seen pictures of the Impossible™ Cottage Pie before trying it and everyone was raving about it.
When I got to try it, it was delicious. I’m a huge fan of Shepherd’s Pie, a traditional Irish dish, and to have this taste as meaty and rich was a shock. So, when my parents were coming to visit for lunch, I knew this had to be my first dish to recreate. I searched the internet for a recipe to follow but came up empty handed, so I created one myself and it turned out to be a hit! The entire dish I made was gone after just four of us demolished it! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 Package Impossible™ Burger
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce (or Liquid Aminos)
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine (just make sure it’s one you would drink)
- ½ Onion Diced
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire (This is not vegan as it has anchovies so omit if needed)
- ½ Bag Frozen Peas & Carrots
- ½ lb. Sliced Mushrooms (you can use can if that’s what you have on hand)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Can Cannellini Beans
- 1 Bag Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- ½ cup Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil (or oil of your choice)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Once heated, add onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent
- Add Impossible™ Beef and cook thoroughly
- Mix in Worcestershire (if using), tomato paste, soy sauce, and red wine. Stir to incorporate
- Add pea & carrot mixture and stir
- Sprinkle in thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaf
- While ‘meat’ mixture is cooking, heat cauliflower rice in microwave (instructions should be on the bag)
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans
- Add cauliflower, beans, and mozzarella cheese in a blender, season, and blend until mixed.
- Transfer ‘meat; mixture into an oven-safe dish (make sure to remove the bay leaf!) and top with the cauliflower/bean mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top
- Cook for 20 minutes. After cook time, turn on broiler and broil until the top is browned
- Serve and enjoy!
I can’t wait to hear what you think so make sure you leave me a comment! That’s your Taste of Disney!