Have an upcoming trip and want to know if your favorite attraction, pool, or resort is under construction? Here is the latest list of refurbishments.
Magic Kingdom® Park
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Main Street, U.S.A.
CLOSED Early Dec. 2018 – TBD
*The Monorail is undergoing refurbishment until further notice and may be on modified service/routes.
As part of the ongoing transformation of Epcot through 2020:
- Fountain View featuring Starbucks will relocate to a temporary location in late fall.
- Club Cool has closed, with elements set to return in the future.
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot will temporarily close beginning on Sept. 8, 2019.
- Pin Central will operate temporarily from a new location while refurbishment is underway. The Camera Center will close this fall to become a new home for Pin Central.
- Heritage Manor is also scheduled to close and return early next year.
- Art of Disney will operate temporarily from a new location while refurbishment is underway. Heritage Manor will later become the new home for Art of Disney offerings.
- Electric Umbrella is scheduled to close this winter. New dining options will be available in the future, featuring a variety of food and beverage selections.
- Mouse Gear will move to a temporary home this winter while its current location is reimagined.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- CLOSED Jan. 5, 2020 – Mid-March 2020 for seasonal refurbishment
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- CLOSED Sept. 8, 2019 – Early 2020 for seasonal refurbishment
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Ongoing: Intermittent overnight lane closures, lane shifts, traffic congestion and noise impacts can be expected along Osceola Parkway / Victory Way.
Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel Refurbishments
Disney’s All–Star Music Resort
- Calypso Pool
CLOSED Mid-Sept. 2020 – Mid-Dec. 2020
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Mid-Sept. 2020 – Mid-Dec. 2020: The Big Blue Pool is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment. During this time, other pool and recreation offerings will remain open-including Flippin’ Fins Pool, Cozy Cone Pool and the Schoolyard Sprayground. Noise may be heard while this work is being completed, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 a.m.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
CLOSED Early Aug. 2019 – Winter 2019
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Tri-Circle-D Ranch (Draft Horse Barn, Blacksmith Shop and Pony Farm)
CLOSED Aug. 2019 – TBD
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
CLOSED Jan. 19-27, 2020
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Jan. 2020 – Early spring 2020: The Hippy Dippy Pool is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment. During this time, Guests can use the Bowling Pool, Computer Pool and the kiddie pool. Also, Movies Under the Stars will be offered in an alternate location. Guests may notice construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but the noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 a.m.
Walt Disney World Permanent Closures
Here are the Walt Disney World permanent closures. These rides and attractions are those that have been recently closed for good. Often, Disney will close the doors of rides, restaurants and shops to make way for more new, exciting attractions!
- Dream Along with Mickey: Closed permanently April 2, 2016
- Main Street Electrical Parade: Closed permanently Oct. 9, 2016
- Stitch’s Great Escape: Operating on seasonal schedule Oct. 2, 2016
- Wishes: Closed permanently in May 2017
- Habit Heroes inside Innoventions East: Closed permanently Jan. 18, 2016
- The Sum of All Thrills inside Innoventions East: Closed permanently Sept. 13, 2016
- Stormstruck inside Innoventions East: Closed permanently Sept. 13, 2016
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure: Closed permanently Aug. 13, 2017
- The Circle of Life: Closed permanently Feb. 4, 2018
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Studio Catering Co. (Disney’s Hollywood Studios): Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Mike & Sulley Meet-and-Greet: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- High Octane Refreshments: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Prop Shop: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- The Writer’s Shop: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Watto’s Grotto: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- New York News: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Youse Guys Moychindise: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- The Great Movie Ride: Closed permanently Aug. 13, 2017
- Flights of Wonder: Closed permanently Dec. 31, 2017
- DisneyQuest: Closed permanently July 3, 2017
- Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe: Closed permanently Aug. 3, 2017
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil: Closing permanently Jan. 1, 2018
- Shark Reef: Closed permanently Oct. 3, 2016
Walt Disney World Seasonal Closures
Seasonal closures are those that take place annually and are usually a reoccurrence. These dates are estimates based on past closures.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park: Closes January through March for seasonal refurbishment
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park: Closes September through January for seasonal refurbishment
- Kali River Rapids: Usually closes early January into February and sometimes March for seasonal refurbishment
- Jungle Cruise: Closes late Oct./early Nov. for holiday overlay installation; early January for holiday overlay removal
- Splash Mountain: Usually closes early January for seasonal refurbishment