Disney Cruise Line Update 8/30/19

Disney Cruise Line has updated their tropical weather advisory message this morning and I want to make sure you have the latest information as there were some changes since yesterdays update.

Tropical Weather Update

August 29, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.

We continue to closely monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Dorian to ensure our guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern. 

Disney Dream – Friday, August 30 – UPDATED 

Based on our most recent conversations with ports in Florida and to help our Guests better finalize their travel plans, we have decided to turn this cruise into a five-night sailing, departing as planned on Friday, August 30, with an expected return to Port Canaveral on Wednesday, September 4. Once the ship departs Port Canaveral tomorrow, it will keep a safe distance from the storm. 

At this time, we anticipate Disney Dream will visit Cozumel, Mexico on Sunday, September 1. Current plans also include a stop on Tuesday, September 3 at Disney Castaway Cay, dependent on the storm’s path. We will continue to monitor weather forecasts throughout your sailing and adjust as needed. 

Guests who do not want to sail on Friday, must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Friday (tomorrow). Guests will then have until October 31, 2019 to choose a new sail date. They may change their reservation to a later date without incurring a change fee, though there may be a difference in price depending on the new sailing selected. 

Disney Fantasy – Saturday, August 31 

At this time, based on the current predicted storm timing and path, we do not anticipate any changes to the Disney Fantasy sailing on Saturday, Aug. 31. 

Disney Dream – Monday, September 2 – NEW 

Based on our most recent conversations with ports in Florida and to help our Guests better finalize their travel plans, we have decided to turn this cruise into a two-night sailing, with an expected departure from Port Canaveral on Wednesday, September 4, and an expected return to Port Canaveral on Friday, September 6.

At this time, we anticipate Disney Dream will visit Disney Castaway Cay on Thursday, September 5, dependent on whether it is impacted by Hurricane Dorian. 

Guests that choose to continue with this sailing will receive a 50% refund of your voyage fare and a $250 onboard credit per stateroom. 

Guests who do not want to sail on Wednesday must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Sunday, September 1. Guests will then have until October 31, 2019 to choose a new sail date. They may change their reservation to a later date without incurring a change fee, though there may be a difference in price depending on the new sailing selected.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s