If you are setting sail in the next few days, I’m sure Hurricane Dorian has you concerned. Disney Cruise Line issued a statement this morning and I have all of the details for you.
Tropical Weather Update
August 29, 2019 – 10:30 a.m.
We continue to closely monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Dorian to ensure our Guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our Guests and crew is always our foremost concern.
Disney Dream – Friday, August 30
Based on Hurricane Dorian’s current location and projected path, we have determined that it is safe for Disney Dream to set sail on Friday as originally scheduled. Once the ship departs Port Canaveral, it will keep a safe distance from the storm. Depending on its path, there is a possibility that we may need to modify the itinerary, including not being able to return to Port Canaveral on Monday. We will continue to monitor weather forecasts throughout the sailing and adjust as needed.
Guests that do not want to sail on Friday, must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Friday. Guests will then have until October 31 to choose a new sail date. They may change their reservation to a later date without incurring a change fee, though there may be a difference in price depending on the new sailing selected.
Disney Fantasy – Saturday, August 31
At this time, based on the current predicted storm timing and path, we do not anticipate any changes to the Disney Fantasy sailing on Saturday, Aug. 31.
Disney Dream – Monday, September 2
We are closely monitoring potential implications for the Disney Dream sailing on Monday, Sept. 2. We encourage Guests to monitor our website for updates.