Looking for a quick, low carb dinner? I’ve got just the thing for you. I had some spinach and ricotta that needed to be used, so I turned to my best friend for a recipe, and Pinterest didn’t let me down! This recipe from http://www.divaliciousrecipes.com didn’t disappoint, even after I added an extra ingredient (mushrooms)!
- 4 Chicken breast boneless/no skin (the thicker the better)
- 1 cup Spinach cooked
- 1 cup Mushrooms cooked
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, make slits in the chicken breasts width-wise that are about 3/4 inches apart, making sure not to cut all the way down through the bottom of the chicken breast.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix the spinach, mushrooms and ricotta cheese together.
- Season with nutmeg.
- Stuff the spinach mixture in the slits of the chicken, filling it with the volume you want (I tend to over stuff things)
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the stuffed chicken breasts (optional)
- Place each chicken breast onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a greased baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Eat and enjoy
I served it with roasted asparagus and orzo, which was a nice compliment to the chicken. This is a recipe I will definitely make again. Try it out and let me know what you think! Happy eating!